All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March blog update
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 am 

Great update from Mike. Thanks for keeping us fans in the loop.

Loved the comment about process. Something I alluded to in a response to "eagle" last weekend after round 2.

As for the schedule, after RBC, nothing really confirmed so we'll all have to wait it out week by week.

Post subject: Re: March blog update
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 am 

Once again a good read - and also so very different in tone and content compared to the routine of a few years back. The last paragraph about the Euro experience was very good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 am 

Thank you, Mike for this mornings's blog. You sound very positive and upbeat. We look forward to seeing you at the Masters, and we are always cheering for you, no matter what.
GO MIKE GO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 am 

Nice to see the update from Mike and the candid assessment (becoming the standard for Mike, which is great). One thing I'm wondering, though: what do you think Mike meant by feeling "one-dimensional"? Found that phrase a bit odd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:52 am 

akbar2112 wrote:
Nice to see the update from Mike and the candid assessment (becoming the standard for Mike, which is great). One thing I'm wondering, though: what do you think Mike meant by feeling "one-dimensional"? Found that phrase a bit odd.

I took that section to mean that he is still thinking mechanics and not yet playing with "feel". As I mentioned recently, Mike has always been known to be able to turn the ball both ways and select the shot required by whatever the situation is. That sort of requires being able to "see" the shot and pull the trigger (without thought of how to strike the ball or how to set up to the ball), and it doesn't sound like Mike is quite there yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 am 

Great update from Mike - it's good to see his self-assessment (similar to what we board members are saying), and hopefully the surroundings of Augusta help him "feel" the shots instead of focussing on the swing. As Johnny Miller was saying about TW during his win drought - he's playing golf swing, not playing golf...

Go Mike! We are all rooting for you :!: :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 am 

knut wrote:
akbar2112 wrote:

I took that section to mean that he is still thinking mechanics and not yet playing with "feel". As I mentioned recently, Mike has always been known to be able to turn the ball both ways and select the shot required by whatever the situation is. That sort of requires being able to "see" the shot and pull the trigger (without thought of how to strike the ball or how to set up to the ball), and it doesn't sound like Mike is quite there yet.

Agree with you on this. I think Mike also means he's only got one shot that's a 'go to' right now - whether that's his traditional draw or cut.(which he needs on a few holes at the Masters) I'm not sure.

If every hole in golf was a dog-leg left I'd be #1 in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 am 

Finally!! Thanx for the update, sounds upbeat with one small caveat; wished he would have said something about the awful driver and any progress on it _at all_, what he might be doing to get this driving on track etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:53 am 

Thanks for the update Mr. Weir. As a bit of an obsessed Canadian fan, it comforts me to read the confidence from the range might be translating to the course soon. With the new technolgy on PGA tour.com I literally feel your pain with every shot and long for the days when you did swing without thought (and pain)and drives went in the fariway, and a wedge in your hand was a 50% guarantee of a one putt.

I wish you the best in your "comeback" and hope the Mike Weir memories I fondly preserve, will expand over the coming years.

Golf is an unforgiving game, and here's hoping your patience and deidcation are eventually rewarded.

A fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:55 pm 

Thanks for the update Mike.
Good luck at the Masters.
Regards,
Jim