All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mike has committed to the AT & T
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm 

c.j. wrote:
asdfasdf wrote:
Have a good feeling all the butter is gone from his system as well...

Am quite interested in who he picks as a caddie though.
It's not so much the butter...We all get butter every day :shock: what concern's me is all the standing around at the supermarket,that can lead to bad habit's creeping in & before you know it he'll be reading Women's Day or the Enquirer :roll: :P

c.j., PLEASE don't include Woman's Day with that trashy rag the Enquirer :o :roll: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm 

pinkball wrote:
c.j. wrote:
asdfasdf wrote:
Have a good feeling all the butter is gone from his system as well...

Am quite interested in who he picks as a caddie though.
It's not so much the butter...We all get butter every day :shock: what concern's me is all the standing around at the supermarket,that can lead to bad habit's creeping in & before you know it he'll be reading Women's Day or the Enquirer :roll: :P

c.j., PLEASE don't include Woman's Day with that trashy rag the Enquirer :o :roll: :!:

So you're saying Woman's Day has better laundry tips :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 pm 

knut wrote:
EMac wrote:
Is there ANY angle we can use for optimism? Almost no cuts an entire year (don't forget the number of times you saw the Shot Tracker entries ending in "...to unknown"). Then no play while injured for a long time. Does anyone know of scores Mike's been shooting lately? Any other example of someone in a similar situation who came back flying in the past? Want to be excited to see Mike play again and will take ANY small excuse for optimism.

Quote from Bob Weeks' blog:

"*** It's not a PGA Tour event and wasn't on a PGA Tour course but reports I got over the weekend say Mike Weir posted a 66 in a practice round last week down in Palm Springs. Hopefully that bodes well for his return to action at Pebble Beach."

Whats that you say? Mike shot a 66 !!? Practise round ... who cares ... its good enough for me tto chill a nice bottle of Weir Estate Wines 2007 Pinot Grigio from the ol cellar. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 pm 

JimC wrote:
knut wrote:
EMac wrote:
Is there ANY angle we can use for optimism? Almost no cuts an entire year (don't forget the number of times you saw the Shot Tracker entries ending in "...to unknown"). Then no play while injured for a long time. Does anyone know of scores Mike's been shooting lately? Any other example of someone in a similar situation who came back flying in the past? Want to be excited to see Mike play again and will take ANY small excuse for optimism.

"*** It's not a PGA Tour event and wasn't on a PGA Tour course but reports I got over the weekend say Mike Weir posted a 66 in a practice round last week down in Palm Springs. Hopefully that bodes well for his return to action at Pebble Beach."

Whats that you say? Mike shot a 66 !!? Practise round ... who cares ... its good enough for me tto chill a nice bottle of Weir Estate Wines 2007 Pinot Grigio from the ol cellar. Cheers.

Careful with that excuberance - leaps will be throwing lotus blossoms at you shortly.. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 pm 

The good news keeps coming...let's hope it holds up! T - 11 days and counting til Pebble Beach begins!
GO MIKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

I understood that some of the folks here were looking for a glimmer of hope for Mike's game and even if it is a practice round, a 66 is at least a small ray of sunshine in what have been dark days.

Using a hockey analogy and not related to the Maple Leafs, Mike's last few years parallel the years in Detroit Red Wing history known by fans as the period of "Darkness with Harkness". We all know what happened when Mike Illich took over Mike's favourite team.

Well, now it's Mike's turn. I have my glimmer of hope. Go MIke.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 pm 

knut wrote:
JimC wrote:
knut wrote:
EMac wrote:

Careful with that excuberance - leaps will be throwing lotus blossoms at you shortly.. ;)

Thanks for the offer Jim, but I don't do white wine unless it's mixed with 7 up. ;)

Now where's the case of Laphroaig you promised me? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 pm 

Go Mike....but I'll miss following his return as I'll be without computer or TV while on holiday in BVI. :( :o

Hopefully I'l see his name in another tournament field when I get back on the 19th...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm 

I don't often post comments but I have to admit........ I can't wait for Mike to get back it. Watching the PGA when he doesn't play is just not the same. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he has some good scores so that CBS will show some of his play. I fear that if he's not near the top of the leaderboard, we'll never see a shot because they will only show...........well, you know who.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 pm 

leapfrog wrote:
knut wrote:
JimC wrote:
knut wrote:
EMac wrote:

Thanks for the offer Jim, but I don't do white wine unless it's mixed with 7 up. ;)

Now where's the case of Laphroaig you promised me? :?:

What! you mean it never arrived? :o :? I'll have to check with 'my people' and get back to you, leap. Sorry about that ... but you know, its so hard to find good help these days. ;)

in fact, I gotta worry about my own supply ... down to about a third of the bottle, and NO, knut ... I will not add 7-Up :o :shock: to what remains in hopes of making it go further. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next